Thursday 28 October 2010

The Hamam - bath house

The Hamam offers an opportunity to kick back and relax.....

You walk into a reception area with group changing cubicles and a table where you can sit, drink tea and chat with other customers sat in towels. Once changed you enter a large room with a giant plunge pool full of freezing water and surrounded by massage tables with men being washed, there is a wet and dry sauna and a room where you could get massaged.

After a few rotations between the sauna's and the plunge pool, it was time for my wash! A nice Azeri guy showed me to a massage table for my 'treatment', a thorough clean ensued! Starting by scrubbing me top to toe with what can only be described as a brillo glove followed up by a top to toe soap sud wash. Its actually quite pleasant and i'm not sure I've ever been so clean!

All in all this all male affair is a must. Sorry no pictures!